Zum Inhalt

Schlagwort: windows

Powershell CmdLet Set-Printer fails with 0x80070709

We are running several Powershell scripts at our server to add printer remotly at the printserver. From time to time we see the error 0x80070709 with something like „unknown server“. We traced this problem, after we see that some printers fail to get created while some successfully got created at the printserver. So there wasn’t a general problem regarding our server, it had something to do with the set-printer powershell call. After some investigation we found out, that only printers that start(!) with a lowercase character are failing to create. If we change the first char to uppercase, the printers got created without any problem. So maybe someone will help this. I don’t know why or where this happens, but it does and is reproducable

DFSN Performance, where are you?

Have you ever experienced some kind of performance gaps with your DFSN running on powerful (hardware) Windows 2008 R2 server? Maybe this is the right post for you. Let’s get back to where everything began. One cloudy day we and our users experienced some heavy gaps while accessing the list of all connected drives (also known as My Computer). When they access „My Computer“ the explorer was frozen for a couple of seconds until everything went back to normal. These gaps happened the whole day. Sometimes they come and go within the whole day, sometimes these gaps only appear in the morning or in the evening and everyone using a software from a DFS share experienced the same problem at the same time as well. After checking the defaults within our AD and the file servers we tried to dive deeper, to become a feeling why this happens and what is the cause. Our Environment Let’s explain, how our environment looks like without telling you too much. – 8000 clients – 8 file server ( 4 x 2 Clustered ) – 4 DCs (two of them hold the Domain Based DFSN Namespace) — Hardware: Every Server: 16 Cores / 32GB…