Zum Inhalt

Powershell CmdLet Set-Printer fails with 0x80070709

We are running several Powershell scripts at our server to add printer remotly at the printserver. From time to time we see the error 0x80070709 with something like „unknown server“. We traced this problem, after we see that some printers fail to get created while some successfully got created at the printserver. So there wasn’t a general problem regarding our server, it had something to do with the set-printer powershell call.

After some investigation we found out, that only printers that start(!) with a lowercase character are failing to create. If we change the first char to uppercase, the printers got created without any problem. So maybe someone will help this. I don’t know why or where this happens, but it does and is reproducable

Published inAllgemein

Schreibe den ersten Kommentar

Schreibe einen Kommentar

Deine E-Mail-Adresse wird nicht veröffentlicht. Erforderliche Felder sind mit * markiert.

I accept that my given data and my IP address is sent to a server in the USA only for the purpose of spam prevention through the Akismet program.More information on Akismet and GDPR.

Diese Website verwendet Akismet, um Spam zu reduzieren. Erfahre mehr darüber, wie deine Kommentardaten verarbeitet werden.